Most Active Stories
- Find out about infant bones found in Ben Franklin's basement on Secrets of the Dead
- Magician Ricky Jay is profiled on American Masters airing Friday, January 23rd at 9 pm
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- Genealogy Roadshow II visits the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Amy joined WUWM in January 2011 as an Announcer. She began her career interning for WBEZ-Chicago Public Radio and NPR affiliate WGVU in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She also served as News Director of her college station WNUR at Northwestern University.
Prior to joining WUWM, Amy served as an announcer and reporter for Northeast Indiana Public Radio. She also worked as a full-time bilingual writer and photographer for a Spanish- and English-language publication near Chicago. As a freelance journalist, she contributed several reports to WUWM’s Lake Effect program. Amy has won several journalism awards from The Hearst Foundations and Society of Professional Journalists.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Northwestern University. Amy also holds a master’s degree in music from Westminster Choir College and a master’s degree in liturgy from St. Joseph’s College.