Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- The bones of King Richard III, are studied during Secrets of the Dead on the 24th
- Emma Thompson stars in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" on September 26th
- Join David Suchet in his exploration of Agatha Christie on September 28th at 9:30 pm
- "Miss Marple: Endless Night" on Masterpiece Mystery! airs September 28th at 8 pm
Marilyn Geewax is a senior editor, assigning and editing business radio stories. She also serves as the national economics correspondent for the NPR web site, and regularly discusses economic issues on Tell Me More and Here & Now.
Her work contributed to NPR's 2011 Edward R. Murrow Award for hard news for "The Foreclosure Nightmare." Geewax also worked on the foreclosure-crisis coverage that was recognized with a 2009 Heywood Broun Award.
Before to joining NPR in 2008, Geewax served as the national economics correspondent for Cox Newspapers' Washington Bureau. Before that, she worked at Cox's flagship paper, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, first as a business reporter and then as a columnist and editorial board member. She got her start as a reporter for the Akron Beacon Journal.
Over the years, she has filed business news stories from China, Japan, South Africa and Europe.
Geewax was a 1994-95 Nieman Fellow at Harvard, where she studied economics and international relations. She earned a master's degree at Georgetown University, focusing on international economic affairs, and has a bachelor's degree in journalism from The Ohio State University.