Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- The Texas Tenors - You Should Dream airs on Monday, December 2nd at 8:30 pm
- Recipes from Creative Living
- Antiques Roadshow visits Des Moines, Iowa on Monday, December 9th at 7 pm
- Enjoy Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas during Winterfest 2013 on Saturday at 6:30 pm
Sandy Hausman joined our news team in 2008 after honing her radio skills in Chicago. Since then, she's won several national awards for her reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Society of Environmental Journalists, the Radio, Television and Digital News Association and the Public Radio News Directors' Association.
Sandy has reported extensively on issues of concern to Virginians, traveling as far afield as Panama, Ecuador, Indonesia and Hong Kong for stories on how expansion of the Panama Canal will effect the Port of Virginia, what Virginians are doing to protect the Galapagos Islands, why a Virginia-based company is destroying the rainforest and how Virginia wines are selling in Asia.
She is a graduate of Cornell University and holds a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Michigan.