Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Titanic - Band of Courage airs on Sunday, March 9th at 7 pm
- A Celebration of Blues & Soul: The 1989 Inauguarl Concert airs Monday at 8:30 pm
- Joe Bonamassa: Tour de Force - Live in London airs on Monday, March 10th at 7 pm
- "Bob Dylan: The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration" airs on Saturday, March 8th at 9 pm
Thu December 19, 2013
"To Catch a Trader" on Frontline can be seen on Thursday, January 9th, at 7:00 p.m.
In just over two decades, Steven A. Cohen has amassed a gigantic fortune: a sprawling 35,000-square-foot mansion on Connecticut’s gold coast; a $62-million beach house in the Hamptons; and several New York apartments, including a $115-million mid-town duplex – all of them furnished with some of the world’s most expensive art. How did he do it? From small-time options trader to King of Wall Street hedge fund managers, FRONTLINE investigates Cohen and his company, SAC Capital, and other Wall Street characters with never-before-seen video and incriminating FBI wiretaps. The film is a taut crime drama with a cast of colorful characters: from cheating traders with their “Mr. Whisper” sources to some of the most respected figures in American business. To date, the government has convicted 76 people of securities fraud and conspiracy. Will Cohen be the next to fall? FRONTLINE tracks an ongoing seven-year investigation into the largest insider trading scandal in U.S. history.
Frontline airs on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. on channel 3.