Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- The bones of King Richard III, are studied during Secrets of the Dead on the 24th
- Emma Thompson stars in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" on September 26th
- Join David Suchet in his exploration of Agatha Christie on September 28th at 9:30 pm
- Learn more about the search for Flight MH370 on Nova at 8 pm
Fresh Air Weekend
Sun March 25, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Jonah Lehrer, Sonja Sohn
Originally published on Sat March 24, 2012 9:24 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Fostering 'Creativity' In The Workplace: Companies like 3M allow their employees to have an hour a day to do whatever they want: work on a side project or tinker with a hobby. In doing so, they're helping their employees become more creative — and increasing their productivity, says science writer Jonah Lehrer in his new book, Imagine.
Sonja Sohn: Changing Baltimore Long After 'The Wire': For five seasons, actress Sonja Sohn played Detective Shakima "Kima" Greggs on the critically acclaimed HBO series The Wire, which chronicled life and death on Baltimore's toughest streets. When the series ended, Sohn stayed in Baltimore — to help young people straighten out their lives.
You can listen to the original broadcasts here: