Most Active Stories
- The Texas Tenors - You Should Dream airs on Monday, December 2nd at 8:30 pm
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Recipes from Creative Living
- Watch a painting from beginning to completion during Watercolor with Birdsong on Tuesday at 7 pm
- BrainChange with David Perlmutter, MD airs on Wednesday, December 4th at 7pm
Tue August 27, 2013
"Global Health Frontiers: Dark Forest, Black Flies" airs on Wednesday at 9 pm
In poor, remote communities across Africa, parasitic worms transmitted by small black flies infect millions. The resulting river blindness torments sufferers with intense itching, and eventually robs them of their sight. GLOBAL HEALTH FRONTIERS: DARK FOREST, BLACK FLY travels to the front lines of Uganda's fight to eradicate this devastating disease. Narrated by Mia Farrow, the documentary highlights the field work and insights of scientists, health professionals and humanitarians, including former President Jimmy Carter, committed to combating river blindness. The first program in the Global Health Frontiersseries, Foul Water, Fiery Serpent documented the efforts of American health workers and community partners over the course of three years as they tracked and treated the last-known cases of guinea worm in Ghana and Sudan.
"Global Health Frontiers: Dark Forest, Black Flies" airs on Wednesday, September 4th at 9:00 p.m.