Most Active Stories
- Find out about infant bones found in Ben Franklin's basement on Secrets of the Dead
- Magician Ricky Jay is profiled on American Masters airing Friday, January 23rd at 9 pm
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- Genealogy Roadshow II visits the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Tue November 29, 2011
'Office' Fans Can Now Buy Dunder Mifflin Copy Paper
Originally published on Tue November 29, 2011 10:16 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business today is comic value. The long-running NBC comedy series "The Office" is about a group of workers employed by a fictitious paper company.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW "THE OFFICE")
'THE OFFICE' CAST: (Singing) Call Michael and Stanley, Jim, Dwight, Creed. Call Erin and Kelly for your business paper needs. Dunder Mifflin, the people person's paper people. Dunder Mifflin, the people person's paper people...
MONTAGNE: Fans of the show can now buy real Dunder Mifflin brand copy paper. The Wall Street Journal reports that an office supply website called Quill.com - it's part of the chain Staples - struck a licensing agreement with NBC to sell copy paper using the fictitious brand name - no longer fictitious. The packaging features quirky slogans from the show. The website calls it fun, functional paper for your office.
According to the Journal, sales of office copy paper are shrinking. Not funny for Quill, which is hoping paper from "The Office" will help sales.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.