Most Active Stories
- Find out about infant bones found in Ben Franklin's basement on Secrets of the Dead
- Magician Ricky Jay is profiled on American Masters airing Friday, January 23rd at 9 pm
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- Genealogy Roadshow II visits the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Sundays at 8:00 p.m.
Mon January 23, 2012
Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey II
One of the most phenomenally popular series in Masterpiece history is back for an exciting new second season: "Downton Abbey II" resumes its story of love and intrigue at an English country estate, now mobilized for the trauma of war. With a returning cast that includes Dame Maggie Smith, Elizabeth McGovern, Hugh Bonneville, Dan Stevens, Michelle Dockery, Siobhan Finneran, and many more, the new drama unfolds over seven weeks on Masterpiece Classic.
Last season opened with the sinking of the Titanic in 1912, which had dire consequences for Downton Abbey. The new season picks up in the middle of another disaster, World War I, which affected every aspect of life in England, accelerating the social change that was already transforming an age-old system of class and privilege.
The second season promises to be as satisfying as the first, with thwarted and rekindled romances, forgotten and fresh scandals, and enough new plot twists to weave a tapestry with Lord Grantham’s family crest.
“Downton Abbey II” on Masterpiece Classic can be seen Sundays at 8:00 p.m.
Winner of six Primetime Emmy Awards