Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- "Venom: Nature's Killer" on NOVA airs Wednesday, March 19th at 8 pm
- "Bob Dylan: The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration" airs on Saturday, March 8th at 9 pm
- A Celebration of Blues & Soul: The 1989 Inauguarl Concert airs Monday at 8:30 pm
- Recipes from Creative Living
Wed April 24, 2013
Part 2 of "Eisenhower's Secret War" airs on Tuesday, May 14th at 7 pm
EISENHOWER'S SECRET WAR examines Dwight D. Eisenhower's unwavering commitment — both public and covert — to peaceful co-existence with the USSR in the tumultuous and uneasy Cold War years. Based on recent research by established scholars and writers, the two-part documentary series provides a fresh understanding of how Eisenhower's national security policies and tactics kept a divided world at peace during the 1950s and in the ensuing decades. The first part, "The Lure of the Presidency," chronicles the movement to draft Eisenhower — then NATO commander in Europe — as the Republican candidate for president in 1952. The second hour, "Building Weapons, Talking Peace,” recounts President Eisenhower's battles against the Soviet Union in the escalating arms race. Hosted by Evan Thomas, journalist and author of the critically acclaimed book Ike's Bluff: President Eisenhower’s Secret Battle to Save the World, EISENHOWER’S SECRET WAR features the accounts of more than 20 witnesses, both American and Soviet, to the major events of the era.
"Eisenhower's Secret War, Pt. 2" can be seen on Tuesday, May 14th at 7:00 pm.