Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Michael Feinstein New Year's Eve at the Rainbow Room airs the 31st, at 9 pm
- Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir airs on Friday, December 19th at 9 pm
- "Elsa's Legacy: The Born Free Story" on Nature, airs the 17th at 7 pm
- Sacred Journeys Pt. 3 and Pt. 4 continue on Tuesday, the 23rd, beginning at 7 pm
Fri June 14, 2013
The Protojournalist: An NPR Project
Originally published on Fri June 14, 2013 12:19 pm
Seeing journalism changing. Storytelling, too.
Looking for new ways to tell stories. Like looking for alternative energies.
We can break news and break barriers at the same time.
The Protojournalist project is dedicated to the exploration of story – auditory, interactive, visual, written. Story as instant conversation, as chart, as poetry, as song, as movie, as photo, as sound, as widget, as something we've yet to imagine.
Can you tell a tale in three photos? Or set a news story to the tune of a Broadway melody? Let's experiment with starter stories. Quickburst stories. Backward stories. Palindromic stories.
Stretch the language; not the truth. Provide proof; be provocative. Stories can be fractional — and factual.
Let's imagine a future for storytelling and journalism that is evolving. Evocative. Eclectic. Engaging. Energizing. Innovative. Inquiring. Inclusive. Inspiring.
Not exactly sure what all of this means, or will mean in the fastcoming future. One thing is for sure: We are all part of the story.