Most Active Stories
- Find out about infant bones found in Ben Franklin's basement on Secrets of the Dead
- Magician Ricky Jay is profiled on American Masters airing Friday, January 23rd at 9 pm
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- Genealogy Roadshow II visits the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!
Mon April 2, 2012
Sandwich Monday: The Ballpark Burger
Originally published on Mon April 2, 2012 10:29 am
Major League Baseball stadiums have so many treats to offer: hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, Human Growth Hormone. Just in time for Opening Day, Poag Mahone's in Chicago has combined three out of four of those in the Ballpark Burger: a hot dog topped hamburger, with a side of nachos.
Mike: This is a fine duet. It's like Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers doing Islands in the Stream.
Ian: What part of the Kenny Rogers does this meat come from?
Ian: The hot dog is that annoying guy who doesn't have a car and always has to catch a ride with cheeseburger.
Robert: To his credit, he does provide gas.
Mike: The hot dog and hamburger are just crammed in there together and neither one can escape.
Robert: Just like my mother and father and--
Mike: Whoa whoa. Somebody needs to visit the Hamburger Psychologist.
Peter: I'm removing the hot dogs. Too hard to eat.
Molly: They should have done a hot dog rinse. Like vermouth with a martini, just rubbed the hot dog on the burger to get its smoky essence, then thrown it away.
Robert: Now I'm ready for the seventh inning retch.
Peter: This isn't right. Combining the hot dog with the hamburger.
Mike:It's like the End Times.
Ian:Yeah, I think this is prophesied in Lipidations 34:3.
[The verdict: delicious components, but difficult to eat. Some disassembly required.]