Sundays at 7 pm
As it nears the centennial of its founding in 2018, The Cleveland Orchestra is undergoing a new transformation and renaissance. Under the leadership of Franz Welser-Möst, entering his fifteenth year as the ensemble’s music director with the upcoming 2016-17 season, The Cleveland Orchestra is acknowledged among the world’s very best orchestras.
The Cleveland Orchestra was among the first American orchestras heard on a regular series of radio broadcasts, and its Severance Hall home was one of the first concert halls in the world built with recording and broadcasting capabilities.
Listen to The Cleveland Orchestra, right here on the KENW public radio network, Sundays at 7:00 PM
- Dec 3 BRAHMS: Symphony No. 3 in F; Piano Concerto No. 1 in d
- Dec 10 BRAHMS: Violin Concerto in d SHOSTAKOVICH: Symphony No. 10
- Dec 17 NIELSON: Violin Concerto SIBELIUS: Symphony No. 2
- Dec 24 MESSIAEN: “L’Ascension” STRAUSS, R.: “An Alpine Symphony”
- Dec 31 RAVEL: “Mother Goose Suite”, ELGAR: Cello Concerto, LALO: Cello Concerto