Collector's Corner with Henry Fogel
Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Hosted by Henry Fogel
After the huge success of The Callas Legacy and The Art of Wilhelm Furtwangler, Henry Fogel returned with Collectors Corner. Mr. Fogel had the following thoughts: The series will present a wide range of recordings that I feel are true classics of the industry. Recordings to be included will feature either unusual repertoire that I feel deserves a wider public, or performances unique in their interpretive profile, sense of commitment, and intensity. Many of these recordings will be long out-of-print, or hard to locate in the United States.
The Art of Alfred Cortot – Program 1 of 4
- CHOPIN: Piano Concerto No. 2 in f; Barcarolle
- BEETHOVEN: Cello Sonata No. 3, Op. 69
- HAYDN: Trio for Piano & Strings, Op. 73, #2 in G
- BRAHMS: Double Concerto
The Art of Alfred Cortot – Program 2 of 4
- RAVEL: Piano Concerto for Left Hand.
- CHOPIN: Preludes, Op. 28.
- BEETHOVEN: Archduke Trio.
- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto #5.
The Art of Alfred Cortot – Program 3 of 4
- SAINT-SAËNS: Piano Con #4 in c.
- CHOPIN: Berceuse in D-Flat.
- CHOPIN: Nocturnes, Op. 15, #1, 2; Op. 27, #1; Op. 55, #1; Op. 9, #2.
- ALBENIZ: Seguidillas; Malaguena.
- DEBUSSY: Preludes, Book I, Pristine
- LISZT: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 11.
The Art of Alfred Cortot – Program 4 of 4
- BACH: Brandenburg Con #6.
- CHOPIN: Piano Sonata No. 3.
- FRANCK: Violin Sonata.
- SCHUBERT: Piano Trio in B-Flat.
- SCHUMANN: Papillons.
The Art of Margaret Price – in Opera and Song
Leonard Bernstein – The Early Years
- DIAMOND: Prelude and Fugue #3.
- RAVEL: Piano Concerto in G.
- MAHLER: Four Songs.
- SHOSTAKOVICH: Symphony No. 7, “Leningrad”.