Collector's Corner with Henry Fogel
Thursdays at 7 p.m.
After the huge success of The Callas Legacy and The Art of Wilhelm Furtwangler, Henry Fogel returned with Collectors Corner. Mr. Fogel had the following thoughts: The series will present a wide range of recordings that I feel are true classics of the industry. Recordings to be included will feature either unusual repertoire that I feel deserves a wider public, or performances unique in their interpretive profile, sense of commitment, and intensity. Many of these recordings will be long out-of-print, or hard to locate in the United States. The series includes a broad range of orchestral, vocal, chamber and solo-instrumental music.
Kondrashin conducts Mahler and More – Program 3 of 4
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 7. (Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra)
Kondrashin conducts Mahler and More – Program 4 of 4
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 6 (Leningrad Philharmonic)
- The Art of Edwin Fischer – Program 1 of 3
- The Art of Edwin Fischer – Program 2 of 3
- The Art of Edwin Fischer – Program 3 of 3
December 7, 2017
- The Art of Janet Baker
- All music performed by Janet Baker.
December 14, 2017
- The Art of Raoul von Koczalski, a student of Chopin’s last teaching assistant
- All music performed by Raoul von Koczalski.
December 21, 2017
- The Early Callas EMI Recordings – Studio Recordings from the 1950s
December 28, 2017
- The Bruckner Masses
- All works composed by Anton Bruckner. Program also includes Motets and other choral works by the composer.
- Mass No. 2 in e. (Matthew Best, English Chamber Orchestra; Corydon Singers)
- Mass No. 3 in f. (Eugen Jochum, Stader, Hellmann, Haelfiger, Borg; Berlin Philharmonic Choir and Orchestra)