Collector's Corner with Henry Fogel
Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Hosted by Henry Fogel
After the huge success of The Callas Legacy and The Art of Wilhelm Furtwangler, Henry Fogel returned with Collectors Corner. Mr. Fogel had the following thoughts: The series will present a wide range of recordings that I feel are true classics of the industry. Recordings to be included will feature either unusual repertoire that I feel deserves a wider public, or performances unique in their interpretive profile, sense of commitment, and intensity. Many of these recordings will be long out-of-print, or hard to locate in the United States.
Sept 24: The Art of the Mexican Mezzo-Soprano Oralia Dominguez
Oct 1: Classic Richter Recordings of Russian Piano Concertos
- TCHAIKOVSKY: Piano Concerto No. 1
- PROKOFIEV: Piano Concerto No.1
- RACHMANINOFF: Piano Concerto No. 2
- GLAZUNOV: Piano Concerto No. 1
Oct 8: The Kansas City Symphony and Music Director Michael Stern – Program 1
- ELGAR: Enigma Variations.
- HAYDN: Symphony No. 103, “Drumroll”:
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 5, “Adagietto”.
- HINDEMITH: Symphonic Metamorphoses on Themes of Weber.
- SAINT-SAËNS: Symphony No. 3, “Organ”
Oct 15: The Kansas City Symphony and Music Director Michael Stern – Program 2
- SIBELIUS: The Tempest: Prelude, Suites 1 & 2.
- BARTOK: Miraculous Mandarin Suite.
- RACHMANINOFF: Rhapsody on Theme of Paganini
- SAINT-SAËNS: La muse et le poete.
- BRITTEN: Peter Grimes: Sea Interludes.
Oct 22: Victor de Sabata – conductor
- BRAHMS: Symphony No. 4
- KODALY: Galanta Dances.
- GLAZUNOV: From the Middle Ages.
- WAGNER: Tristan and Isolde: Prelude, Liebestod
- SIBELIUS: Valse Triste.
- STRAUSS: Death and Transfiguration.
- WAGNER: Ride of the Valkyries.
Oct 29: Paderweski’s Opera
- PADEREWSKI: Manru.
Nov 5: The art of Christopher Keene, conductor - Program 1
- VAUGHAN WILLIAMS: Symphony No. 5
- STRAUSS: Symphonia Domestica
- SIBELIUS: Symphony No. 5 in E-Flat.