Most Active Stories
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- "King Lear with Christopher Plummer" airs on Friday, January 30th at 10 pm
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- "Sinkholes - Buried Alive" on Nova airs Wednesday, the 28th at 8 pm
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
Alice Fordham is an NPR International Correspondent based in Beirut, Lebanon.
In this role, she reports on Lebanon, Syria and many of the countries throughout the Middle East.
Before joining NPR in 2014, Fordham covered the Middle East for five years, reporting for The Washington Post, the Economist, The Times and other publications. She has worked in wars and political turmoil but also amid beauty, resilience and fun.
In 2011, Fordham was a Stern Fellow at the Washington Post. That same year she won the Next Century Foundation's Breakaway award, in part for an investigation into Iraqi prisons.
Fordham graduated from Cambridge University with a Bachelor of Arts in Classics.