Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- The Texas Tenors - You Should Dream airs on Monday, December 2nd at 8:30 pm
- Recipes from Creative Living
- Antiques Roadshow visits Des Moines, Iowa on Monday, December 9th at 7 pm
- Lawrence Welk Holiday Special: Great Moments and Memories airs on Saturday, December 7th at 6:30 pm
Kate Wells is an award-winning reporter who covers politics, education, public policy and just about everything in between for Iowa Public Radio, and is based in Cedar Rapids. Her work has aired on NPR's Morning Edition, All Things Considered and Weekend Edition. She's also contributed coverage to WNYC in New York, Harvest Public Media, Austin Public Radio (KUT) and the Texas Tribune. Winner of the 2012 regional RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Award and NBNA Eric Sevareid Award for investigative reporting, Kate came to Iowa Public Radio in 2010 from New England. Previously, she was a news intern for New Hampshire Public Radio.
Kate graduated with honors from Principia College in 2010, where she studied comparative religion and political science.
Kate's favorite public radio program is Radiolab.