Most Active Stories
- What happens when a state allows adopted citizens to have their original birth certificates?
- National Memorial Day Concert 2014 airs on Sunday, May 25th
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- A Frederick Church oil painting is appraised on Monday, during Antiques Roadshow
- Meet a new nurse on Call the Midwife, on Sunday, the 27th at 7 pm
KCUR-FM: Frank Morris
Frank Morris has supervised the reporters in KCUR's newsroom since 1999. In addition to his managerial duties, Morris files regularly with National Public Radio. He’s covered everything from tornadoes to tax law for the network, in stories spanning eight states. His work has won dozens of awards, including four national Public Radio News Directors awards (PRNDIs) and several regional Edward R. Murrow awards. In 2012 he was honored to be named "Journalist of the Year" by the Heart of America Press Club.
Morris grew up in rural Kansas listening to KHCC, spun records at KJHK throughout college at the University of Kansas, and cut his teeth in journalism as an intern for Kansas Public Radio, in the Kansas statehouse.