Most Active Stories
- Find out about infant bones found in Ben Franklin's basement on Secrets of the Dead
- Magician Ricky Jay is profiled on American Masters airing Friday, January 23rd at 9 pm
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- Genealogy Roadshow II visits the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Tue November 8, 2011
Coming Up: Herman Cain Interview
"I can categorically say I have never acted inappropriately with anyone, period," Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain just told ABC News' Jonathan Karl on a live ABC/Yahoo webcast.
Responding to the latest accusation by a woman — Sharon Bialek of Chicago — who says he sexually harassed her in the late 1990s, Cain said the charge is "baseless, bogus and false" and that Bialek is lying.
"I don't remember this person by name. ... When I first saw her" during Bialek's news conference Monday, "I didn't even recognize her," Cain added.
Bialek is the fourth woman — two of whom have now been publicly identified — to allege Cain did something inappropriate.
Update at 2:55 p.m. ET: Asked about GOP contender Mitt Romney's comment today that Bialek's accusations are "particularly disturbing," Cain said "he's right, they are disturbing." But, he added, "my response is [that] there is absolutely no basis."
Our Original Post:
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is due to be interviewed live on the Web this hour by ABC News' Jonathan Karl.
It comes as Cain continues to deal with stories about women who accuse him of sexual harassment — charges he has said are baseless. As we reported earlier, a second of his four reported accusers has been identified.
We'll update this post with news from the interview, so be sure to hit your "refresh" button. At 5 p.m. ET, Cain is scheduled to hold a news conference in Phoenix.