Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- The Texas Tenors - You Should Dream airs on Monday, December 2nd at 8:30 pm
- Recipes from Creative Living
- Antiques Roadshow visits Des Moines, Iowa on Monday, December 9th at 7 pm
- Lawrence Welk Holiday Special: Great Moments and Memories airs on Saturday, December 7th at 6:30 pm
Tue April 3, 2012
Damien Jurado: Bringing It All Back Home
Originally published on Tue April 3, 2012 8:50 am
Seattle songwriter Damien Jurado was one of my first guests when I started doing the Morning Show more than a decade ago. He's also the man behind the show's opening theme song, which I've been playing since those early performances. With each new record, Jurado comes by to perform, either solo or with a different lineup.
This time around, he not only played the best I've ever heard him play, but was backed by an impressive band in support of his amazing new record, Maraqopa. Jurado's backup singers featured members of The Head and the Heart and The Shins, so it was a great representation of what's going on in Seattle. With incredible musicians and a moody, mellow vibe, this creative collaboration made for one of the best sessions ever on the Morning Show.
- "Working Titles"
- "So On, Nevada"
- "This Time Next Year"
- Damien Jurado
- Barry Uhl, keyboards
- Jesse Hurlburt, bass
- Jessica Dobson (The Shins, Deep Sea Diver), backup vocals
- Brad Stemke, drums
- Kyle Zantos, guitar
- Jon Russell (The Head and the Heart), backup vocals
- Josiah Johnson (The Head and the Heart), backup vocals
- Host: John Richards
- Engineer: Kevin Suggs
- Cameras: Scott Holpainen, Christopher Nelson & Patrick Richardson Wright
- Edits: Scott Holpainen
- Photos: Renata Steiner