Most Active Stories
- The Texas Tenors - You Should Dream airs on Monday, December 2nd at 8:30 pm
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- "Finders Keepers" on Antiques Roadshow airs at 7 pm on Monday the 23rd
- "Three Faiths, One God: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Pt. 1 airs on Thursday, the 19th at 7 pmt
- Amy Grant narrates "Crisis of Faith" on Thursday, December 26th at 9 pm
Live Fridays From XPN
Tue May 15, 2012
Dar Williams In Concert
Originally published on Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 am
It isn't folksinger Dar Williams' first time performing at one of WXPN's Live Friday concerts — she was on the stage with country star Allison Moorer last year — and it won't be her last. Williams began her foray into folk music while in Boston, making the coffee-shop rounds and recording her own demos. Her style of pop-inspired confessional folk soon caught the eye of Joan Baez, who subsequently recorded some of Williams' songs. Since then, Williams has released 18 highly acclaimed releases. She's shared the stage with the likes of Patty Griffin, Ani DiFranco, Mary Chapin Carter and Joan Baez, and she's been able to fine-tune her knack for conveying emotion on-stage.
Williams' new album, In the Time of Gods, represents a return to her more traditional folk leanings, with less pop and more sensitivity. Thematically centered on classical Greek mythology, the album explores accessible narratives based on mythological personalities. As always, though, it's all held together by Williams' rousing melodies and insightful lyrics.
- "The Light And The Sea"
- "I Am The One Who Will Remember Everything"
- "You Will Ride With Me Tonight"
- "Are You Out There"
- "I Have Been Around The World"