Most Active Stories
- Find out about infant bones found in Ben Franklin's basement on Secrets of the Dead
- Magician Ricky Jay is profiled on American Masters airing Friday, January 23rd at 9 pm
- "The Black Keys" and "J. Roddy Walston" perform on Austin City Limits on the 31st
- Shakespeare Uncovered airs on Friday, January 30th beginning at 9 pm
- Genealogy Roadshow II visits the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Wed December 5, 2012
David Suchet in the Footsteps of St. Paul begins on Sunday, December 9th at 2:00 pm
In a major BBC1 special, DAVID SUCHET IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF ST. PAUL, actor David Suchet (Agatha Christie's Poirot)sets out on a personal journey around the Mediterranean to uncover the story of a man he has longed to play – the biblical Saint Paul. Paul did more than any other individual to transform the fledgling Jesus Movement from an obscure Jewish sect into a new global religion. But what drove a 5' 8" powerhouse of a man to embark on his extraordinary missionary journeys, traveling 10,000 miles by foot, and many more by sea to challenge the pagan world and the might of Rome? This two-part documentary retraces Paul's footsteps in search of the real and highly controversial man hidden within the pages of the New Testament. Traveling across the Mediterranean world, Suchet visits ancient and modern locations, interviews expert witnesses and deciphers new evidence from the latest archaeological and historical research. His quest sheds fascinating new light on Paul as he uncovers the character of the man credited with bringing Christianity to the world and changing western civilization.
David Suchet in the Footsteps of St. Paul -
Part 1 can be seen on Sunday, December 9th at 2:00 pm and on Tuesday, December 11th at 7:00 pm. Part 2 can be seen on Sunday, December 16th at 2:00 pm and on Tuesday, December 11th at 8:00 pm.