Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- "Blood on Their Hands, Pt. 2" on Bletchley Circle airs Sunday, the 20th at 9 pm
- Meet a new nurse on Call the Midwife, on Sunday, the 27th at 7 pm
- A Frederick Church oil painting is appraised on Monday, during Antiques Roadshow
- Shoes from "The Beverly Hillbillies" are appraised on Antiques Roadshow on April 28th
Wed March 14, 2012
On Last Day As A Free Man, Blagojevich Will Hold News Conference
A day before he begins serving his prison sentence, former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich will give one final press conference. As The Chicago Tribune puts it, talking into a microphone was, after all, one of his favorite things to do as governor.
The disgraced governor was sentenced to 14 years in prison back in December, after he was convicted of, among other things, trying to sell President Obama's vacated Senate seat.
Blagojevich, 55, is scheduled to speak at 5:02 p.m. CT, just in time for the newscasts to break into his speech during prime time.
"Attorneys for the disgraced governor have said he wants to depart in a dignified way, without a media frenzy.
"Although that fueled speculation he'd try to slip out ofChicago undetected, his spokesman says Blagojevich never entertained that idea.
"Meanwhile, the hospital executive who kicked off the investigation that brought down Blagojevich says she's glad he's going to prison, though she feels sorry for his family. Pamela Davis says she holds Blagojevich responsible for dragging her and her hospital through "the sludge" of his corrupt administration."
We'll tune into the press conference and bring you some highlights when it happens.