Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- A Celebration of Blues & Soul: The 1989 Inauguarl Concert airs Monday at 8:30 pm
- Titanic - Band of Courage airs on Sunday, March 9th at 7 pm
- "Bob Dylan: The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration" airs on Saturday, March 8th at 9 pm
- Season III of Call the Midwife begins on Sunday, March 30th at 7 pm
It's All Politics
Thu February 14, 2013
Obama's Road Trip To Conclude With Florida Break
Originally published on Thu February 14, 2013 1:41 pm
President Obama will cap off a busy week of politicking with some R&R in Florida.
Obama plans to travel to the West Palm Beach area for what his spokesman called "some well-deserved downtime."
"He's going to spend Presidents Day weekend relaxing with some friends," said White House spokesman Josh Earnest. "There's no work on the schedule."
The getaway follows three days of campaign-style events building on the president's State of the Union address Tuesday night. Obama visited North Carolina on Wednesday to promote manufacturing. He spoke about preschool in Georgia on Thursday. And Friday, he'll hold an event in his hometown of Chicago.
In contrast, there are no public events on the schedule in Florida, although Earnest says the president won't be completely idle.
Obama "will fulfill his responsibilities as president even while he's getting some well-deserved downtime," Earnest said. "I don't think the American people will begrudge him that."