Most Active Stories
- Creative Living E-Newsletter Sign Up
- Michael Feinstein New Year's Eve at the Rainbow Room airs the 31st, at 9 pm
- Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir airs on Friday, December 19th at 9 pm
- "Elsa's Legacy: The Born Free Story" on Nature, airs the 17th at 7 pm
- Sacred Journeys Pt. 3 and Pt. 4 continue on Tuesday, the 23rd, beginning at 7 pm
Fri October 14, 2011
Turns Out Herman Cain's 'Black Walnut' Flavor Had A Limited Run
You remember how Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain defended himself after Sarah Palin called him the "flavor of the week?"
Like his rolls-off-the tongue 9-9-9 tax overhaul plan, Cain came back with a zinger of a comeback during an interview with Jay Leno:
"I happen to believe that there's ice milk and there's Häagen-Dazs Black Walnut. Substance. That's the difference," Cain said. "I got some substance here. Okay? I'm Häagen-Dazs Black Walnut. It lasts longer than a week."
Well, it turns out Cain's metaphor needs some help. Häagen-Dazs's Black Walnut was a limited edition flavor that's no longer around.
ABC broke the news to Cain, yesterday, and here's what he had to say:
"Well I was very disappointed to find out that it's a limited edition and they don't make Haagen Dazs the way they used to, so I'm heartbroken over that," said Cain. "I now have my people calling Haagen Dazs, finding out why they don't make Haagen Dazs ice cream, when they're going to bring it back, because it has always been my all time favorite."
This development follows news that Cain's 9-9-9 plan is a lot like the default setting on the game SimCity.
We've reached out to Häagen-Dazs to see if there are any plans to bring back Black Walnut. We'll update when we hear back.