Carnegie Hall Live!
Sundays at 7:00 pm
Produced by WQXR and Carnegie Hall, the fifth season of Carnegie Hall Live! features some of the world’s best performers and ensembles in a wide range of styles, from early music to solo recitals to orchestral performances. The season kicks off with the Opening Night Gala concert by the New York Philharmonic, conducted by Alan Gilbert and featuring guest soloist Evgeny Kissin in a rousing performance of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat Minor, Op. 23. Other highlights in the specially-curated series include concerts by the Vienna Philharmonic and Berliner Philharmoniker; recitals by stars such as tenor Jonas Kaufmann and pianist Yuja Wang; and the St. Lawrence String Quartet performing the New York premiere of a new work by John Adams.
- WAGNER: Overture to The Flying Dutchman
- DEBUSSY: La mer
- MUSSORGSKY: Pictures at an Exhibition (orch. Ravel)
- J. STRAUSS Jr.: "Vergnügungszug" Polka, Op. 281; "Kaiser" Waltz, Op. 437
- SIBELIUS: Symphony No. 3; Violin Concerto; Symphony No. 1
- SHOSTAKOVICH: Symphony No. 7 in C , Op. 60, "Leningrad"
- YUJA WANG: Performing works by BACH, SCHOENBERG, and CHOPIN
- TAN DUN: Passacaglia: The Secret of Wind and Birds
- BEETHOVEN: Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat, "Emperor"
- BERLIOZ: Symphonie fantastique
- BIZET: L'Arlesienne: Farandole