Chicago Symphony Orchestra Retrospective
Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Hosted by Lisa Simeone
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Radio Broadcast Series
Hailed as the number one US Orchestra in the world by the venerable British publication Gramophone, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra continues this quarter with more concerts from Symphony Center, the home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
Produced by Marty Ronish and hosted by Lisa Simeone, this weekly, two-hour series offers a unique format of engaging and lively content, including produced segments created to provide deeper insight into the music and programmatic themes found within the CSO's concert season; interviews with CSO musicians, guest artists, and composers; and an exploration of the stories found within the CSO's rich heritage of recordings and the Orchestra's illustrious history in Chicago.
- HAYDN: Symphony No. 85 in B-flat (La Reine)
- STRAUSS: Don Quixote
- RACHMANINOV: Piano Concerto No. 3 in d, Op. 30
- BARBER: Overture to the School for Scandal
- W. SCHUMAN: Symphony No. 6
- BATES: Violin Concerto
- GERSHWIN: An American in Paris
- IVES: The Unanswered Question; Three Places in New England
- TCHAIKOVSKY: Excerpts from The Nutcracker
- STRAVINSKY: Petrushka
- SHOSTAKOVICH: Symphony No. 11
- HAYDN: Symphony No. 101 in D
- BRAHMS: Concerto for Violin and Cello in a, Op. 102; Symphony No. 1 in c, Op. 68
- ELGAR: In the South
- BEETHOVEN: Piano Concerto No. 5
- RACHMANINOFF: Symphonic Dances