Saturdays at 11 a.m.
The Metropolitan Opera’s 2016-17 season, the 50th anniversary of its home at Lincoln Center, will feature 225 opera performances of 26 operas in a varied repertory that ranges from 18th century masterpieces to one of the most acclaimed operas in recent years. Repertoire for the company’s 132 nd season will include the Met premiere of Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho’s 2000 opera L’Amour de Loin, as well as new stagings of Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde, Rossini’s Guillaume Tell, Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette, Dvořák’s Rusalka, and Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier. A gala concert on May 7, 2017 will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the company’s Lincoln Center location with performances by opera’s leading stars honoring the Met’s past and future.
- Mar 25: MOZART: Idomeneo
- Apr 1: BEETHOVEN: Fidelio
- Apr 8: WAGNER: Tristan und Isolde
- Apr 15: VERDI: Aida
- Apr 22: TCHAIKOVSKY: Eugene Onegin
- Apr 29: WAGNER: Der Dliegende Hollander
- May 6: ALFANO: Cyrano de Bergerac
- May 13: R. STRAUSS: Der Rosenkavalier
- May 20: Lyric Opera Starts