New York Philharmonic
Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Hosted by Kerry Frumkin
The New York Philharmonic This Week, which began in 2004 and is syndicated nationally by the WFMT Radio Network, has been the recipient of numerous awards, including a Gold World Medal in the category of Best Sound, and its second Bronze World Medal in the category of Best Regularly Scheduled Music Program at the 2013 New York Festivals Radio Programs and Promotions Awards. The program has also won awards for Best Classical Format and Best Announcer Presentation. Broadcasts are available on the Philharmonic’s website, nyphil.org, for two weeks following the original uplink. Emmy and Golden-Globe Award-winning actor Alec Baldwin is the host of the program, New York Philharmonic Audio Producer Mark Travis is the writer and producer, and New York Philharmonic Audio Director Lawrence Rock is the engineer for the series.
- BEETHOVEN: Concerto in C for Piano, Violin, and Cello, op. 56 “Triple”; Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat, op. 73, “Emperor”
- LINDBERG: EXPO
- BRAHMS: Violin Concerto in D
- BERLIOZ: Sinfonie fantastique, Op. 14
- WEBERN: Im Sommerwind
- SCHOENBERG: Pelleas et Melisande, Op. 5
- IVES: Symphony No. 2
- IVES: The Unanswered Question
- BEETHOVEN: Piano Concerto No. 4 in G, Op. 58
- WEBERN: Symphony, Op. 21
- SCHUMANN: Symphony No. 2 in C, Op. 61
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 4