Swingin' Down the Lane with David Miller
Saturdays at 8 p.m.
- Hosted by David Miller
The recent popularity of swing dancing has awakened an interest among young people in the music that their parents and grandparents grew up on. Swingin' Down the Lane offers listeners of all ages a weekly treasure chest of big band recordings from the 1930s to the '90s. Host David Miller draws on his extensive knowledge of the era, supplemented by interviews with performers, to educate the younger generation and invoke fond memories among their elders.
- Oct 31: All-Time Hit Parade 3
- Nov 7: Basie & Company - Collaborations with other artists
- Nov 14: Old & New - Playing with song titles
- Nov 21: Centennial Strayhorn & Tilton - They'd be 100 years old this month
- Nov 28: Big Band in Person - 90 year old man recalls seeing the big bands in performance