Swingin' Down the Lane with David Miller
Saturdays at 8 p.m.
- Hosted by David Miller
The recent popularity of swing dancing has awakened an interest among young people in the music that their parents and grandparents grew up on. Swingin' Down the Lane offers listeners of all ages a weekly treasure chest of big band recordings from the 1930s to the '90s. Host David Miller draws on his extensive knowledge of the era, supplemented by interviews with performers, to educate the younger generation and invoke fond memories among their elders.
- May 27: Song of the Islands
- June 3: Big Bands Songbook -- Familiar tunes from the 30s and 40s.
- June 10: Bea Wain Centennial -- She turned 100 on April 30.
- June 17: Delightful Duets -- Songs From the Movies.
- June 24: Name Mergers -- Playing With Bandleaders' Names
- July 1: Lena Horne Centennial -- Tracing the life of this celebrated vocalist.
- July 8: May I Borrow a Tune? -- Number 34 in a series.
- July 15: What's in a Name? -- Obscure song titles and their origin.
- July 22: Grammy Hall of Fame 5 -- More recordings recognized for their uniqueness.
- July 29: Estate Sale 2 -- Recorded gems picked up "for a song."